Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Celebration!

We had a shower for Samantha and BJ this past weekend. They flew in and spent a whirl wind weekend with the families. It was so nice to see them. And we had so much fun. The highlight was the shower on Friday night. A dear friend of mine, really of our whole family, hosted the shower in her big, beautiful house. I was so glad that she did! We had over 130 people that came to shower Sam and BJ with love and gifts. What a blessing. We had lots of help. The neighbor made the cake on the cupcake tower and Tami, Tracey and I made the cupcakes and my neighbor, Miranda stepped in again and went over to Priscillas the day of the shower and iced the cupcakes for me so that I would not have to and could spend my time with Sam. What a true blessing..

Miranda, my neighbor, again used her talents and made this cute diaper cake. The only thing I did was find the stuffed animal and put the ribbon on the cake.
Ok so when I was at Michaels the two days before the shower I saw these letters and I decided that we need to make this little train with the baby's name on it. I know it is hard to make out but the name is Brayden. The two grandmas painted and put together this little train based on the letters that Bj and Sam did for the baby's room. (see bj and sams blog)
And then there is our beautiful daughter. Isn't she lovely.
The whole family. The Dunham's and the Hendricks at Chris's birthday party (did I say that Chris turned 20 on Saturday, wow busy weekend)

Oh and a big shout out to Priscilla who not only opened her home but also made all the food for the 130+ people. And she made a full meal! We are so grateful!

2 comments:

The Montoyas said...

Looks like a wonderful time! That cake/cup cake tower was awesome! I am glad that you had a nice visit with Sam! She is looking quite lovely! See you this weekend?

Rissy Roo said...

Looks like such an amazing family weekend. And sounds like priscilla should wear a super hero cake. Tell Sam to enjoy every minute of this joyous time!!