Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!


I cannot believe that it has been a whole year since little Emma was born. She is such an amazing little girl. She has blessed our family in ways that I cannot even explain. She is joy and laughter all rolled up into one. She is doing so well you really do forget that she has "some" cells in her body that have an extra chromosome. She has not only blessed our family but so many other people as well. We are a lucky family!

I am so lucky to be her mama. So many people told us when she was born and in the following days (they are such a blur to me still) that God knew what He was doing when he gave us Emma. I was not so sure. I knew that I was scared about the whole "extra" chromosome thing but I also knew that I was this little girls mama. A little baby girl that had been waited on for 20 years. And here she was. The world would say that she was not perfect. But I can tell you that in our families eyes she is and will always be perfect. I now know that God in fact did know what he was doing. She is amazing. And I really am the luckiest mama in the world. I have 5 great babies and a wonderful son-in-law and this little baby has been just what God wanted her to be to me and that is a joy and a light in this sometimes really dark and ugly world. I hope that she has been that to you as well. Thank you for sharing this year with us and we look forward to all of you continuing to be a part of our families life and especially little Emma's.

5 comments:

i said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA GRACE! We love you! You have definately BLESSED our family and we can't wait to watch you grow up, just not too fast!

familygregg said...

I just love your Emma. That's all I know.

Sally Datria said...

Happy Birthday little baby!!

Seven's Heaven said...

Where did the year go? Praise God for her and your family. The perfect combination. Love you

Michele said...

Ginger...Emma is sooooo precious. I loved seeing the pictures.

I'm back at Homemaker's and hope to see you there some Thursday morning. I'd love your e-mail...i'm at ponytayl@cox.net also started a new blog here: ponytayl.blogspot.com

Hope to hear from you soon. Give that baby a big hug for me!