Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tears in my eyes



I was so excited to hear the speech that Sarah Palin gave last night. And after I watched it I had tears in my eyes and was so glad I spent the 40 minutes to listen and to get to know this lady.

As you can imagine, I have heard alot about this lady but I had to decide for myself. I LOVE HER!!!! She is sassy. And if you know me, I can be sassy but not only that I have a daughter that is pretty sassy (I know sam you got it from me) and one that is proving to become a sassy little girl.

I like her politics. There are a few issues that are near to my heart and it looks as if Sarah Palin and I are kindred spirits when it comes to those issues.

Her beautiful family made me smile. When her young daughter was licking her hand and fixing her little brothers hair. So cute! I know the boyfriend/fiance that was there to support the daughter. And the most beautiful thing of all her sweet little son.

Quoted from Sarah Palin's speech, September 3, 2008, accepting the republican vice presidential nomination. "And in April, my husband Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the world, a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. From the inside, no family ever seems typical. That's how it is with us. Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ... the same challenges and the same joys. Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge. And children with special needs inspire a special love. To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."
I cried last night and I am crying again. Can you see why I would love to have this woman as part of adminstration that will be running this country. I know there are people that don't agree with me and that is ok. We are Americans and we have the opportunity to vote and I highly recommend that you do. But this post is not about your politics this is a post from a mommy who has a "perfectly beautiful" daughter who is thrilled that there might be a woman in office that understands.
Thanks for listening




2 comments:

familygregg said...

I really really like her too. I cried w/you when she spoke of her beautiful baby boy. And I thought it was simply lovely that the future son-in-law was standing with the family.

And she a good shot! Just like little old (me) Annie Okley over here :)

familygregg said...

I have a pretty surprise for you on my blog today :)