Monday, October 6, 2008

I know it has been awhile.... but here is the rest of the story

(I want you all to know that I don't know why but my pictures only show up at the beginning of the post and I can't seem to fix it, I am working on it)


Well I know I said that I would post throughout the last few weeks. But life got the better of me but here I am and I am going to write my heart.

I can tell you that two years ago I was awaiting the delivery of our 5th baby. WOW fifth baby! Still hard to say. Needless to say, Kevin and I were very shocked to find out that we were having a baby in our 40's. But God is in control and so we embraced it gladly. And then to find out that we were expecting our second girl well to say that we were excited is an understatement. I was a little nervous but had all the tests and all looked good. I was a gestational diabetic so I was on insulin but other than that all was good. I did not enjoy the 4 shots a day however.

On the day of Emma's birth, October 12, 2006, we went to the hospital with our oldest daughter, Samantha, to be induced due to the diabetes. The course of induction and labor went well, at least from my standpoint. From my nurses standpoint, my friend Aimee, little difficult with heart tones but still we had a healthy baby girl at 18:07. We had a friend there to check her out who is a pediatrician and he liked what he saw. No problem, sugar issues but from what I could tell all looked well. And then I saw some murmuring from the nurses and could see it in the faces of my friends that they seemed concerned. Baby was pink, screaming, hey that is what I look for when delivering a baby so not sure what the concern was all about. And the I pryed it out of Aimee that there was some concern that Emma was showing some signs of Down Syndrome. Shannon, one of the nurses and a friend, noticed something. Well I was nervous but I was not convinced and one of the neonatologist was not as well. Blood tests were run.
More to come


No comments: