Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My little Chris is 18!


Here is one of my favorite pictures of my little Chris. I know he is not that little anymore but will always be little to me. There is a lot of emotion that revolves around your kids getting older. When they grow up and get married. Which I have recently experienced with our Sammy Kay. And when they reach the age in which the world says they are "adults". Not much really changes at our house because they are 18. But in the world it does. For example they can now vote. Wow! he must now register to vote. And one of the hardest for me is that he must register for the draft. Now I know that we are not currently drafting our young men. But I can tell you that this war that we are in has taken on a new meaning for me now that my young man would have to participate if the government so chooses. It was hard enough with my brother was in Iraq but my son! A whole different meaning indeed! As Chris told me this morning I can buy my own prescriptions now. He also said he could go out and buy cigarettes and a knife if he wanted. We laughed, but it is true. Oh and he does not smoke, thank you Lord! He could also get a tattoo. But he has not made any plans for that as of yet.

He has a lovely young lady that he is in love with. Most of you know her. Lexi is a bright star in my sons life. And I am thrilled for that! But I can tell you that as a mama of many sons, that when they cease looking at you as their "bright star" and looking at another young woman it takes a little bit of your heart. But that little bit of my heart will be filled with the young woman he loves. As we love her too! Chris is a loyal young man. I don't see my son not continuing to be loyal. We look forward to Chris's future with Lexi and ours as well.

We love our son. He has been such a joy to raise. We continue to raise him to some extent but now I guess in a little different way. To prepare for manhood. That of which he is now. To be a good Christian, provider, husband and father. WOW we have a job ahead of us.

We love you Chris you make our lives interesting and wonderful! We love you, Your Family!

4 comments:

Seven's Heaven said...

Happy Birthday Chris! You are indeed special to the Tutens. Sorry Jeff isn't with you today to beat you up. You are so sweet to let him do that. Hahaha. We hope your day is great and it was fun having you here Saturday. We also pray you look to the future with hope and courage as the man of God that you are and that you always seek to please Him in what you do, whatever that may be. Mrs T.

Tamara said...

What a great tribute to Chris...which also turns out to be a tribute to you, Ginger, and Kevin for raising such a great young man (as long as he doesn't get that tattoo). :-)

Happy belated birthday, Chris!
Mrs. S

i said...

Chris, You mean the world to our family!!!! We love you! Hope this year is WONDERFUL for you!

Anonymous said...

i am sorry i missed working with Emma on Chris' b-day! i was looking forward to teasing him just like i would my own son. did mom and dad and brothers and sisters give him b-day spankings? no b-day is complete w/o them.
love you guys! cathie